The Billing Specialist – Good Faith Estimates (GFE) is responsible for generating and providing a GFE of expected out-of-pocket costs for items and services provided by Crusader Community Health (CCH) to uninsured or self-pay patients. This position will be responsible for reviewing fee schedules and medical records to determine appropriate assignment of ICD-10-CM and CPT codes to reflect patient diagnoses and services. This individual needs to have an ability to communicate information surrounding listed prices, discounts, price estimates, etc. to patients in a clear and friendly manner. In addition, perform billing functions related to the clinics.
• High School Diploma or GED
• CPC (Certified Professional Coder) credential required or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician based (CCS-P) or Certified Coding Associate (CCA) or Certified Evaluation and Management Coder (CPC-CEMC) or CPC-A (Certified Professional Coder Apprentice)
• Minimum of one year in physician coding
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Knowledge of: Good Faith Estimate regulations, CPT, CDT and ICD-10 CM, Medical terminology and abbreviations, HIPAA regulations, and Medical billing systems: patient/insurance financial management
Crusader Community Health serves the Rock River Valley area with quality primary health care for all people in need. CCH provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending/Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, Accident Coverage, Critical Illness Coverage. Employees enjoy company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability, paid Holidays, Personal Days, accrued Paid Time Off hours (PTO)- 12 days in the first year, and access to CE Direct (to receive some of your continuing education credits required to maintain your certification). Additionally, employees may enroll in the CCH 403(b) Retirement Plan, with employer match after one year of service.
To be considered for this position, please email your Microsoft Word resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.