You and your baby deserve THE BEST!
That’s why Crusader moms now deliver at Mercyhealth!
Now all Crusader babies are delivered at
Mercyhealth’s Javon Bea Hospital-Riverside.
It is a beautiful, new, state-of-the-art hospital
on East Riverside Boulevard at I-90.
Crusader moms and their families will love it!
Mercyhealth is the MOST EXPERIENCED Level III Perinatal Center in the region! That’s the highest level of care available for you and your baby.
Why wouldn’t you (and every mom) want
the highest level of care and extra reassurance?!
- Over 20% of all deliveries in our area are Crusader babies…over 1,000 babies each year.
- Crusader hospital-based births are performed by your own exceptional Crusader physicians and certified nurse midwives.
- Crusader delivery providers are in the hospital 24/7…just for you!
- Just in case you or your baby might need it, Mercyhealth is the ONLY state-designated Level III Perinatal Center in the northwest Illinois region. Level III is the highest level of care, according to the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- You will have confidence knowing you and your baby will be in the best environment should specialty care be needed.
- You are ALWAYS treated with dignity and respect.
As your due date approaches, if you have any questions about your delivery, contact Crusader’s Women’s Health Department. We will help you understand exactly what to do.
Remember, our priority is the safe delivery of your baby and the highest quality of care you deserve.
Women’s Health at Crusader
The Crusader Women’s Health Services team provides well-woman exams, including Pap smear and breast exams, prenatal baby care and other gynecologic services. Primary services include:
- Pregnancy testing
- Pregnancy (prenatal)/obstetrical care
- Birth control
- Menstrual problems
- Bladder control problems
- Prevention and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
Pregnancy at Crusader…what to expect.
You can expect expert care and support to nurture you and your baby.
- Prenatal education
- Complete care for high-risk pregnancies by onsite specialists
- Ultrasound, non-stress testing
- Labor and delivery care
- Delivery performed by physicians and midwives
- Social service support
- Low cost prescription medication
Ask about the prenatal and newborn/toddler education classes. On-site Spanish interpreters are available when needed.