As a Federally Qualified Health Center and an advocate for the medically under-served, Crusader Community Health seeks to provide healthcare for all, regardless of the ability to pay. If a patient has limited insurance or no coverage at all, Crusader is able to help.
Here are some important facts for consideration:
- Crusader accepts Medicaid Managed Care plans, as well as Medicaid, All Kids, Medicare, Marketplace Insurance Plans and Commercial Health Insurance plans.
- Crusader provides assistance completing applications for Medicaid and other benefits.
- Payment assistance discounts are available based on family size and income levels. To be considered for a discount, a patient must simply provide proof of income. Discount levels are 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% on services and are re-evaluated annually.
- For those receiving a payment assistance discount, there is a $20 fee due at the time of the visit for each medical encounter and a $30 fee due for each dental or podiatry (foot care) visit, regardless of discount.
- Some supplies/equipment are not eligible for a discount, such as dental fabrications involving dentures and crowns.
- Radiology (X-ray) orders are often eligible for discounts for uninsured/underinsured patients.