Payment and Insurance Information
As a Federally Qualified Health Center and an advocate for the medically underserved, Crusader seeks to provide health care for all, regardless of their ability to pay. If a patient has limited or no insurance coverage, Crusader is able to help.
- Medicaid (including All Kids)
- Medicaid Managed Care plans (Meridian Health Plan, YouthCare, Aetna Better Health, Molina, and Blue Cross Community)
- Medicare Advantage
- Illinois MMAI
- Private insurance plans.
For assistance enrolling in Medicaid, All Kids of Marketplace insurance, please call 815-490-1600.
Discounted services: Patients may be eligible to receive services at a discount, which is made possible through a federal grant.
Approved patients will be charged a nominal fee at the time of service. That fee amount is based on the service: medical, dental, behavioral health, telepsychiatry, or specialty visit.
Updated nominal fees – or copays – are effective Nov. 20, 2023:
- Behavioral Health: $15 per visit
- Medical, Telepsychiatry: $25 per visit
- Specialty, Dental: $35 per visit
The increase ensures compliance with Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the federal agency that helps provide equitable health care. We will continue to assess our rates and affordability each year.
Here are some important facts for consideration:
- Crusader provides assistance completing applications for Medicaid and other benefits.
- Payment assistance discounts are available based on family size and income levels. To be considered for a discount, a patient must provide proof of income. Discount levels are 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% on services and are re-evaluated annually.
- Some supplies/equipment are not eligible for a discount, such as dental fabrications involving dentures and crowns.
- Radiology (X-ray) orders are often eligible for discounts for uninsured/underinsured patients.